What To Expect
Tips for Your First Day
- Purchase lift ticket(s) and rentals, and lessons at the main ticket door at the east end of the lodge closest to the parking lot. Proceed around the corner to the Rental Shop to obtain the proper equipment.
- Reserve your lessons in advance. BOOK ONLINE or call us at 920-787-3324. While we do our best to accomodate, we cannot guarantee walk-in lessons. CLICK HERE for more lesson information.
- Dress in layers. Layering allows you to accommodate your body's constantly changing temperature. Wear multiple layers that can be removed if you are too warm. Remember, you will be doing a physical activitiy and your body will generate heat. While the last thing you want is to be cold, many first-timers overdress. If possibly, wear a waterproof, breathable outer layer.
- Be prepared. Mother Nature has a mind of her own. Wear gloves or mittens (mittens are usually better for those susceptible to cold hands).
- Helmets are included with all rentals. Ski helmets are generally really warm on their own, but if you prefer, you can wear a thin hat or skull cap for extra warmth under the helmet.
- Know your limits. Learn to ski and snowboard in control. Start out in our beginners area to the right of our double chair before heading to the top!
- Stay hydrated. People often overlook hydration when it's colder outside. You will be working hard when learning to ski or board, and hydration is important.
- If you're tired, stop skiing or take a break. Injuries occur when you are fatigued.
What to Bring
Here is our list of recommended items for you to bring skiing or snowboarding in order to guarantee a fun first day on the slopes. If you are in need of anything on this list when you get here, most items are available in the Loft Shop.
- Waterproof Gloves/Mittens - mittens are warmest.
- Goggles/Sunglasses - Goggles are strongly recommended on cold or snowy days for warmth and increased visibility. We have a wide variety available for sale in the pro shop.
- Jacket/Parka (water resistant)
- Synthetic (polyester, polypropelene, lycra, nylon) or wool base layers for top & bottom - it's better to be warm than cold, you can always shed layers. Synthetic materials help to wick moisture away from your skin. Cotton and cotton blends hold mositure and freeze, do not wear cotton as a base layer!
- Snow/Water resistant pants - very important, your 1st day will acquaint your butt to the snow, keep it warm & dry.
- Hat or helmet. Remember, helmets are included with all rentals. Helmets are strongly encouraged. They're warm, comfy, safe, and all the cool kids are wearing them!
- Warm, dry socks - No cotton, really. Wear only one pair of socks.
- Sunscreen - SPF 15 or higher
- Lip Balm
- Trail Map - available for free in the lodge.
- ID, Wallet, Cash, or major credit card, kept in a securely zipped pocket!
- Extra Clothes, Shoes - to change into when you're all done, in order to go out and celebrate your 1st day.
- Equipment – If you are not renting: either skis, poles and boots; or snowboard and snowboard specific boots.
copyright 2017, nordic mountain. inc